Questions? Contact us at HelpSU.
Maps and Records creates and maintains a central resource of historic, current and future land, buildings, real estate and infrastructure information for Stanford University.
Maps and Records is a part of the department of Land, Buildings and Real Estate and serves as an information resource and mapping service for all areas of the organization.
We also serve as a facilities information resource and mapping service to departments campus wide, including EH&S, Faculty Staff Housing, Residential and Dining Enterprises, the Office of Multicultural Development, Athletics, Stanford Hospital, IT Services and Administrative Systems and Public Safety. We also support faculty, staff and students seeking information about the campus.
We provide several services in support of our mission including:
- Research Services
- Online Resources and associated Training
- Map Products
- Custom Mapping, Surveying and Geographic Information System (GIS) Services
- Floor Plans and Space Data (iSpace/FAMIS Space Management Administration)
- Utility Locating Required by Law (Underground Service Alert)
- Plans Review Communication and Hosting
- Standards and Policy for the use of spatial information
Additional key responsibilities include:
- Data and system support for Stanford’s indirect cost recovery
- Ongoing maintenance of Stanford’s infrastructure and utilities maps
- Coordination and communication of Address ID and Facility ID assignments
- Shepherding the on-going development of facilities information resources
- Mapping and data support for Stanford Emergency Preparedness and Planning
- Supporting the Facility Design Guidelines updating process
- Leading Campus-wide Construction logistics meetings and mapping