Information for Faculty
Questions? Contact us at HelpSU.
Is there a resource that you think should be on this page? Let us know at HelpSU!
Data for Stanford University researchers or class projects
Stanford University Faculty, Staff and Students may request information to support academic research. Lecturers may arrange for use of materials by a group of students. Each request is reviewed on a case by case basis and may require additional approvals. Please allow 1-2 weeks for approvals to be completed. Additional time may be needed for complex requests.
Please send an email with the following information to Maps and Records at email@example.com.
The message should include:
- Course name and description (or indicate Faculty/Staff research)
- Instructor's name, name of supervising manager
- Student’s name(s), if request is for an individual or group of students
- Timeframe the data will be needed
- Description of the project including type of data needed
- Description of area where data is needed, etc.
- You may use campus-map.Stanford.edu to identify areas:
- Fax to 650-723-7905, or drop by to complete a Request for Duplication Form
- Instructions for Requesting Copies of Residence Plans