Custom Maps & Services
Questions? Contact us at HelpSU.
Maps and Records offers a variety of custom map services for all your mapping and related information needs. Our services include CAD drafting, GIS, Surveying, Spatial Data Management, and even Custom Graphical Mapping. We can also get you started and support your ongoing data management using custom map applications.
||Geospatial & Cartographic Services (GIS)
|available file formats: DWG, PDF, JPG, TIF, DXF, AI and SHP|
- Contact the Maps & Records office — call, walk-in, or email.
- (650) 725-8472
- 340 Bonair Siding, Stanford, CA 94305-7274
- Maps & Records email
- Enter a ticket in HelpSU
Each request should include the following:
- A copy of the completed Data Request Form (PDF) or for billable requests, submit a Customer Funded Work Request online
A description of the map location you are interested in. To describe your area of interest, you can:
- Use http://campus-map.stanford.edu to print out and mark the area you need
- Write a brief description including specific boundaries
The following usage restrictions apply to Maps & Records products and services:
- LBRE and Stanford University staff and students, vendors, contractors, and sponsored individuals who are not LBRE employees are eligible.
- Non-LBRE requests should be submitted using the Customer Funded Work Request form. Be sure to indicate the University department that will sponsor the work to be done.
- Stanford University maps and data sources are copyrighted. Use of any information is intended for Stanford projects only. Requests to use Stanford information for any other purpose must be approved in advance by the appropriate Stanford University office.
To access a list of current maps available for download, visit the Maps and Records Map Library.