Information for A&E / GC Firms and Contractors
Questions? Contact us at HelpSU.
Is there a resource that you think should be on this page? Let us know at HelpSU!
If you are an employee of an Architecture/Engineering (A/E firm), Contractor or Subcontractor working with a Stanford University department, we assist you with access to records from previous construction projects, and current-condition Stanford basemap and utilities data, floorplans and the most recent aerials or topography data. Please browse the links on the menu to the left to learn more about the data and resources available to you.
Tips for Project Support
- Contact us during the early phase of your contract to reduce the number of requests to our office for your subcontractors. Information can be pulled once and distributed to many.
- Get training on our archive database that you can use while visiting our office. Our database hosts an extensive inventory of records, many of which are now electronic. Examples include building, keywords, date, A/E, file subject, project number. Also ask about our spatial search.
- Learn what Coordinate Systems to use, and other record and CAD delivery requirements.
- Access the Facility Design Guidelines for Stanford General design and standards information.
- Has your data expired? Check with us often (especially for new projects, or after 3-6 months).
- Read more about Plans Review
- Please transfer our electronic records only through Secure FTP sites. Destroy all records and electronic media after your project.
- Keysite map: A street location map used for project title sheets available in: